Creating a 21st Century Workforce
Led by Santa Ana Unified School District, Santa Ana College, Goldenwest College, Coastline College and The ACME Network, Santa Ana TECH is bringing together industry and education leaders to prepare students for college and career success in high need, high wage, high skill industries.
The partnership is creating local, sustainable career pathways that integrate rigorous standards-based academics with relevant career preparation. In 2015, the partnership was awarded a California Career Partnership Trust grant from the California Department of Education to expand and strengthen career pathways in Santa Ana. The initiative serves students in ten high schools and three community colleges.
The six career pathways are:
Career Pathways are structured to prepare students for college and career -- students graduate with credits towards an advanced degree and certifications attesting to her or his readiness for a particular career.
Each Career Pathway establishes opportunities for students to:
- Pursue a sequence of integrated academic and career-based high school and college courses aligned with relevant workplace skills, as defined by industry
- Complete college courses while still in high school
- Engage in real-world projects that develop industry skills, knowledge and professionalism
- Obtain industry training certifications validating employment readiness
- Experience work-based learning opportunities such as job shadowing, project-based mentoring, and internships